Today's post is on something a little different. I don't do much with my hair, I'm definitely more of a make up girl. I was contacted by the lovely lot at Irresistible Me to try their hair straightening brush. I'd see quite a few of these floating around the internet so I jumped at the chance to try it.
These are the features, as listed on the website:
- Superior ergonomics and the perfect bristle thickness and distance eliminate hair snags.
- Quality ceramic and tourmaline heating surface, three times that of a normal flat iron, which means quick straightening larger sections of hair at a time.
- Our ultra-fast recovery technology maintains a constant high temperature during use, while the tourmaline infusion emits rich amounts of negative ions to moisturize and hydrate your hair
- Multiple temperature settings, ranging from 270℉ (130℃) to 450℉ (230℃).
- Anti-scald and anti-static for virtually no hair damage
- Gorgeous LCD screen display and Microprocessor control
- Universal voltage – take your brush with you everywhere; from NY to Paris to Sydney (the only thing you will need is a plug adaptor)
- Super light and comes in a beautifully designed box with magnetic closure that you can use to store it
- 8 ft swivel cord.
- Auto shut-off function
When it arrived, it came in a beautiful box that you can keep the product in for storage. The brush itself is a lovely jade colour and has buttons and a little screen on the handle. You can control how hot you want the brush to go and then you simply brush your hair in small sections, slowly (like you would with regular straighteners). The design means that it would be really quite difficult to burn yourself whilst styling your hair, so it may be good for those of us who are more clumsy. I particularly liked that it still gave me a little volume at the roots, I find a lot of flat irons make my hair look very, well, flat. My hair is naturally quite straight, but if I have been lazy and gone to bed with it still damp, it can get a little chaotic. I used this brush on a morning where this was the case and found it was just as good as straighteners. I've also used it to quickly 'touch up' my hair if I just want it a little smoother. Another feature that I love is the auto shut-off. I have the worst memory, so it's good to know that if I do forget, I will not burn the building down!
I really like this product and the price is reasonable, especially when you compare it to the cost of some of the standard straighteners. I did need to purchase an adaptor for this which was only a couple of £'s online, as this is an American company. Overall, I am really happy with this product. You can buy the hair straightening brush, here!
Have you used a product like this before? What did you think?
|After using product|
*This product was gifted, but not sponsored. Opinions are my own.